Wednesday, July 08, 2009

two days in a row

OMG! I've made it! 2 days in a row - not that this post is likely to be even as marginally interesting as yesterday's
I've been thinking about numbers. I didn't see myself as being that obsessed by numbers but the other day I was explaining to some colleagues about the new telephone codes that were brought in a few years ago.. OK lots of years ago so they're not new in any sense of the word. Ones like 0113 for Leeds, 0114 for Sheffield and so on. Well I knew them all and judging by the faces of my colleagues they didn't nor did they feel that a grown man should keep such trivia as accessible. I felt like saying.. I do letters as well before launching into an explanation of the new (OK 7 years old ish) car licence plates. You know the ones? C for Wales, L for London etc Well wisdom got the better of me and I kept my counsel.

But I do love numbers and thoroughly enjoyed the fairly famous people saying the same in snippets advertising the BBC programme More or less. People such as Charles Clarke explaining the wonders of the number 28 which is the 2nd perfect number. See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/more_or_less/7824130.stm

My current favourite number based phenomenon is the chances of 2 people in a room sharing a birthday is 1 in 2 for a group of 23

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home